Since my dental work has left my pearly whites feeling a bit sore I was looking for something soft to make for supper. Low and behold since it has finally warmed up in the tundra grilling season is in full swing. With an abundance of meat and veggies in the fridge I hadn’t put much thought into filling the pantry with anything, but one lonely package of Ramen noodles remained. Since the idea of hot soup didn’t thrill me on this 90º day I went to search out other uses for Ramen and to my surprise people have experimented a lot with this 25¢ meal. Here are a few ideas, I think I’ll try the 1st super quick dish tonight since Trin ♥ spaghetti. 🙂
Super Quick Ramen Dishes
1. Pour heated marinara sauce over hot boiled ramen noodles for a meal reminiscent of spaghetti in half the time.
2. Heat your favorite Alfredo sauce and pour over hot boiled ramen. Stir in diced ham or cooked chicken if you have any on hand.
3. To one package of boiled ramen noodles, stir in a can of tuna drained, a can of cream of mushroom soup and a handful of crushed potato chips, if you wish.
4. Parmesan ramen is as quick as cooking a package of ramen and sprinkling on cup of grated Parmesan cheese. Stir in a bit of fresh parsley if you’ve got it.
5. Stir-fry a package of frozen vegetables with 4 ounces cubed firm tofu. Stir in boiled ramen noodles and season with 1 tablespoon each soy sauce and lime juice. Add Tabasco to taste.
6. Sauté a clove of chopped garlic in a teaspoon of olive oil. Stir in boiled noodles, 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Stir your favorite pesto sauce into hot boiled ramen noodles.
8. Heat up a can of chili and serve over hot boiled ramen noodles.
9. Mix cooled boiled ramen noodles with three-bean salad and some additional Italian dressing.
10. Add of a chicken flavored seasoning packet, 1 tablespoon butter, and 2-3 tablespoons milk to a package of boiled drained ramen for a creamy side dish.
11. To one package of boiled noodles, stir in cup of salsa, cup sliced pepperoni or ham strips, 1 tablespoon pickle relish, and 1 teaspoon mustard for jail break ramen.
1. Place three sponge cake dessert cups on a plate. Top with sliced banana, 1/3 cup maraschino cherries, package of fried ramen noodles and cup hot fudge sauce.
2. Chocolate ramen is for when you need a serious sugar fix. Boil ramen in 2 cups of water with cup of brown sugar added. Pour off most of the water and then stir in teaspoon of vanilla and cup chocolate syrup. Pour onto serving plate and sprinkle powdered sugar over it. Garnish with whipped cream if you wish. Wash down with a tall glass of milk.
3. Mix up one 3-ounce package of fruit-flavored gelatin according to package directions. Stir in a package of fried ramen and chill until set.
4. Place three scopes of ice cream in a bowl. Top with 1/3 cup hot fried ramen noodles and your favorite ice cream sauce. (Carmel works well.)
Ramen for Breakfast
1. Break an egg in with the ramen noodles while boiling. Add seasoning packet as directed and enjoy a filling breakfast soup.
2. In a medium saucepan, boil just enough water to cover a block of ramen. When water comes to a boil, add block of ramen and then a layer of onion and tomato slices. Top with a whole raw egg. Put the over on and cook until the egg reaches desired doneness.
3. Boil ramen noodles and one beaten egg for three minutes. Drain all but 1 tablespoon water. Stir in seasoning packet, cup shredded cheese and a dash or two of hot sauce. Wrap flavored noodles in warm tortillas for breakfast burritos.