TINKER BELL PUMPKIN
Cut out Tinker Bell wings from green felt, and use a glue stick to attach the wings to a miniature pumpkin.
What You’ll Need
•Small or medim paintbrush
•Glittery gold makeup
•Black face paint
•White face paint
•Blue face paint
•Green face paint
•Pink face paint
•Shimmer or glitter lip gloss
How To Play
1Using gold makeup, color the eye area starting from the inner eye and working at a 90-degree angle toward the forehead, as shown. Color the whole upper eyelid and the area above the brow. With the makeup sponge, make a gold swirl around the cheek. Don’t worry too much about getting this perfect, it’s more of a shimmery, magical foundation for design to come. Lightly top the gold makeup with blue paint.
2Before painting the designs on your child’s face, sketch them out on paper. Get comfortable with the strokes you intend to make so that when you paint them, you can do so with quick, single strokes. Using a small or medium paintbrush, create curly lines and blotted dashes in either white or black, depending on which color would stand out more on your child’s skin.
3Outline the lines and dashes with a contrasting color (black for white lines, white for black lines). Always outline on the inner side of the line. This creates a shadow effect. If you have flowers or stars in your design, you can add a dash of color (blue, pink, green) to them. Add some shimmer lip gloss and your little fairy face is complete.
4There’s a plethora of colorful fairy outfits for sale where Halloween costumes are sold. Let your child pick out her favorite one and accessorize with a matching floral crown, tights, and colorful ballet shoes or flats. Or, for the more ambitious of you, check out these homemade fairy costumes:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
•Green felt by-the-yard*
•Green tulle with glitter*
•Hot glue gin & extra glue sticks
•*Yardage depends on skirt size. 1 yard will cover most kid sizes.
•Tutu or other elastic-waist skirt (green, pink or white)
How To Make It
- 1 Use the patterns provided to cut out felt and tulle “leaf” pieces. The number of pieces you need will depend on the child’s waist size, and how full you want the finished skirt to be. For the over skirt it was made to fit over a 3T tutu, cut out 13 leaves each of felt and tulle.Tip: Cut out several leaves at once by accordion folding your fabric first. Pin the pattern to all layers of fabric and cut out.
- 2 Use sharp scissors to snip slits into the felt and tulle leaves, as indicated on the patterns.
- 3 Cut a piece of elastic that is 3-4 inches larger than the child’s waist. Place a felt leaf on top of a tulle leaf. Run elastic through the slits, coming up from the bottom (wrong side) and then down through the top (right side) into the other slit. Use white, green or pink elastic for your project since some elastic may be seen in the finished product.
- 4 String all of the leaves onto the elastic. Meanwhile, heat up your hot glue gun.
- 5 Check the size of the waist and make sure it will fit comfortably around the child’s waist. Then tie the elastic with a double knot. Pull the knot through the slits until it sits on top of one of the felt leaves. Snip off the ends. Put a small dab of hot glue behind the knot and secure it to the felt leaf.
- 6 Put another dab of hot glue on the tip of the felt leaf. Fold the leaf down and stick the felt to itself, covering the elastic (do not glue the elastic). Repeat for all of the felt leaves. Adjust the leaves around the elastic waist so they are evenly distributed. They should overlap each other a bit.
- 7 Use hot glue to add rhinestones to the felt leaves.
- 8 Wear the skirt over an existing tutu or elastic waist skirt.
Headband Directions: fairy-tinker-bell-flower-headband-sf-printable-0709_FDCOM1
Some Other Fun Tink Halloween Ideas!
TINKERBELL CARVED PUMPKIN
TINK FLASHLIGHT COVER
TINKER BELL ARTIFICIAL PUMPKIN
Step 1: The image of tinkerbell
Started with an artificial Pumpkin (any size will do), Tinker Bell silhouette from Google image (Like above). Print it out and tape it to your pumpkin.
Step 2: The pocking
Use a pushpin and follow the outer image and pock pock and pock all around.
Step 3: The tools
Tools for carving Hot knife, cordless drill 1/16 and 1/8 drills and artificial carving saws
Step 4: Carving finish